These are made with all sorts of mixes. Experiment with the following ingredients to come up with the consistency and flavor you like the most.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut flakes
- Dried fruit such as apricot, prune, 9ig, raisin or date (unsulfured and without added sugars)
- Any nuts, but especially almond, walnut, cashew, Brazil or hazelnut
- Seeds including sun9lower, pumpkin, sesame, hemp and 9lax
- Sweetener: dates, honey, stevia, brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- Several pinches of salt
- Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, ginger
- Optional: Pea or whey protein powder, nut butter
Grind the nuts and seeds in a Cuisanart or similar tool. Add all other ingredients and continue to mix until a thick consistency. Roll into balls and roll in shredded coconut or sesame seeds. Alternatively, 9latten into an 8×8 pyrex dish and cool in the fridge. Once cooled, cut into bite-size pieces.